Thursday 4 March 2021

Kitchen sink strainers

Long ago, while we were living in Chennai, I got a kitchen sink strainer for my mom at Rs. 10 a piece. It was plastic and easy to clean and the perfect size for her sink. In the five years since then, it served her well but she was desperately looking to replace it as it had changed colour and was worn out. I tried getting some from Chennai departmental stores on later trips there and also got her a few from the UAE but all were too small and not suitable. 

That's when I found the perfect size and model in Amazon. Owing to COVID induced delays it took a week to reach my village but it has made mom very happy. It is sold by Karvion through Amazon and costs under Rs 200 for 2. There are many other models you can choose from.

If any of you are looking for an effective stopper for kitchen waste going down the sink, check out Amazon's numerous options for kitchen sink strainers. 


My parents are really enjoying the possibilities of online shopping.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Route 7 on Mowasalat

 It is heartening to see a new bus ply on Buhairah corniche where I live. Since Nov 1, 2022 Route 7 traverses the stretch from Rolla Termin...